Monday, June 29, 2009

Going big.

Much to my amazement, the idea of a charity ultimate frisbee tournament is slowly becoming a reality.

When I first pitched my idea to my friend and mentor, Carlos Devitis, I was kind of discouraged. Not because he condemned my dream - he thought it was a great goal - but because he warned me that a task this size would be challenging and would require a lot of work; there's a lot to go in to something like this. If you know anything about me, you know I tend to get overwhelmed and discouraged by large tasks....

But thank God for His provision; He's placed three very important people - a trinity, if you will - in my life who can help me get this going.

1. Shiloh Hurst - one of the creators of the Dance-A-Thon, experienced in organizing events, getting donations and managing logistics
2. Caleb Denecour - weathered ultimate frisbee player, experience in tournaments, connections to teams, organizations etc.
3. Ruby Jacques - philanthropist, knowledge of social issues, connections to Anti-Human Trafficking resources (experts, non-profits etc.)

I have a meeting with Caleb and Shiloh this Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment