Saturday, July 11, 2009

sit with me

breath heavy.
back aching.
legs shaking, spirit breaking. heart pounding.
moans and cries sounding.
sweat pouring.
wanna fall to my knees;
this weight's too much!
seemingly without support and without a crutch
wanna cry for your healing touch.
so i do.

you need not turn around
to see me on the ground
under a mountain of troubles.
you only urge: "lay it down.
lay it down. lay it down."

sweet voice. scarred hands
bring me out of the dirt.

your words unto me:
sit with me, my child.
let's rest for a while.
you've been holding on to all the wrong things
storing them up and holding them tight.
cast this weight of your back;
for my yoke is easy, my burden is light.

don't you worry bout a thing
i can handle everything you've got
already have.
did what you could not.

wound? healed. fate? sealed.
bridge built by blood split;
no more guilt.
battle? won. shackles? undone.
IT IS DONE.

so lay it down. lay it down. lay it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment