Friday, April 16, 2010

Revisiting the Treadmill part 2

The fact that the creator and keeper of the universe would take time to speak into a situation as ultimately trivial as mine is, by itself, an encouraging reality. I love when God speaks.

To be frank, however, I wasn't impressed by His message for me at the gym. It didn't sound like anything new. I had been told to wait before...to be still and let things come when they come. But I didn't realize at the time that a different kind of waiting was being presented to me. Before I get to that, however, I want to share how God reinforced His message. Since my initial encounter, God brought to me His written word (over about a week) to confirm what He had impressed upon my heart on the treadmill.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19


"Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed.
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told."
Habakkuk 1:5
Through the words of the prophets, God assures His people that He has plans. Good plans. Plans we might not understand or expect, but plans that are perfect and wonderful. That's the hope that He gives: we may not be able to predict what He'll do exactly, but we can trust that it will be unbelievable and satisfactory. More than satisfactory, for the Words tells us God's love is overflowing, and his blessings are bountiful. Whatever they may be, they are worth waiting for...
Then the LORD replied:
"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald may run with it.
For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.
Habakkuk 2:2-3
God promises to be faithful. He wants us to hold on to that piece of Him and have hope. The "new thing" or "good thing" that we await will come exactly when it needs to. We can trust Him in this because His ways and thoughts are higher than ours; He sees behind and before, around and within...He sees it all and He knows each part fully. We can trust the path He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment